1994 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.0 Auto, NP231, Dana 30 4.56 Gears and Detroit Locker, Dana 44 4.56 Gears Eaton ELocker, Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm, 33x12.50 15 TRXUS MT's

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Battery Died

My autozone battery died so the battery shopping begins. I took the battery to autozone to see how much warranty was left. They said they had to test it first, so after an hour of them charging it. The guy hooked it up, ran a test and it sparked. The pro-rated warranty only gave me $20 bucks towards a new one. I wanted to do some research first because I have an electric fan, winch, amp, and driving lights. What I came up with is a lot of people recommends the Optima. But for $159.00 at 4 Wheel Parts and Advanced Auto I get the lower cranking amps Optima. Napa has a version of the Orbital battery but the guy said he does not have one to fit a Jeep Cherokee. I heard about the Pro Comp brand but all I got was a run around and one person quoted me $200. On Naxja there was a post about using an Interstate battery that has high Cranking Amps and Cold Cranking Amps plus 85 month warranty including 30 month free replacement.



Specs are:
MTP-78DT - Mega-Tron Plus
Pro-rata warranty: 85 months
Weight: 38.40 pounds
Length: 10.31 inches
Width: 6.88 inches
Height: 7.81 inches
Cranking Amps: 1000
Cold Cranking Amps: 800
Voltage: 12
Termination: U

I plan on buying it tommorrow and I will post what I think about it.

Update: After calling around for the battery a local Firestone sells it for $89. Autozone wanted $59 for a standard battery. Optima $159 plus the warranty is not that good. $89 bucks sounds good to me for the Interstate.

No comments: