1994 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.0 Auto, NP231, Dana 30 4.56 Gears and Detroit Locker, Dana 44 4.56 Gears Eaton ELocker, Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm, 33x12.50 15 TRXUS MT's

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Adding the Coil Spring Spacers

I got around to adding the 1.75" Coil Spring Spacers from http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/

Besides normal hand tools I also needed coil spring compressors.

This is the before picture:

And this is the after picture:

Can you tell a difference?

This is what it looked like torn apart with the brake line maxed out and the cheap harbor freight coil spring compressors about to snap:

I went for a test drive in the neighborhood when I was done. Lot of creaking and settling (I hope). I hit the big speed bumps and was unable to bottom out the suspension. After adding the winch and winch bumper and the tire carrier the Jeep's front bumpstops would touch on the same speed bumps. Now it's back to the way it was before winch and bumpers.




No comments: