1994 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.0 Auto, NP231, Dana 30 4.56 Gears and Detroit Locker, Dana 44 4.56 Gears Eaton ELocker, Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm, 33x12.50 15 TRXUS MT's

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Adding More Height

Today I added 1 1/2" lift blocks to the rear of my XJ. My 33 x 12.50's are starting to rub and it doesn't look as big as it used to. The front is bumpstopped correctly and I have the extended bumpstops in the rear that don't do anything. DPG offroad makes some plates for about 80 bucks that replace the rear u-bolt plates and do a better job. I can probably make the same thing If I try, but that's another day.

This first picture is the height I started off with. Looks like 39 1/2"

Lift Blocks from http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/

Easy to install. I sprayed the old u-bolts with Liquid Wrench. Used a 3/4 Deep Well socket and removed the u-bolts from the left side first. I then jacked up the Jeep by putting a block of wood on the jack and then lifted the leaf spring closest to the center of the XJ. I did it this way because the first time I tried jacking up the XJ the leaf spring sagged and my 2.5 Ton floor jack did not go high enough. After jacking it up I placed the lift blocks in place. They say front and rear on them so I shouldn't of screwed that up. The leaf springs moved outward so I used a ratchet strap to line them back up and had to kick the tire while lowering. Put the new u-bolts on and did the same thing on the other side. Looks like 41 1/2" or 41 3/4"

Hopefully tomorrow I can put the coil spring spacers up front and post a before and after picture.


No comments: